Z-Deck Truck LevelerView Gallery
Improve loading dock operations safely
Optimize your dock efficiency and safety by loading and unloading trailers above the building floor level. This minimizes interferences by the bumpers and building face. It reduces product damage and allows forklift drivers to have a better grade in and out of trailers. The revolutionary Z-Deck trailer lift raises trailer tires with a sloped deck that minimizes the angle of the lifting surface to keep the trailers from rolling away under their own weight. Designed to work with wall mounted vehicle restraints, the Z-Deck trailer lift matches the stroke of the lift cylinders to the vertical travel of a wall mounted restraint to increase the overall safety of the dock system.
- Increase Productivity
- Eliminate floor interference by safety lifting trailer beds above dock level for full, unobstructed loading operations.
- Maximize Safety
- The unique Z-shaped deck profile keeps tires on the deck and minimizes the slope the tires are supported by. Profile keeps tires angled towards dock to level at maximum raise.
- Full-width Trailer Access
- Elevate trailers above floor level to service wider trucks with full-width loads.
- Low-Profile Design
- 2” Rear section slopes upwards to 8” at apex. No need for a costly in-ground pit.
- Simple Design
- Robust construction and dual lifting cylinders provide reliability and safety.
- Improved Trailer Alignment
- Integral Wheel Guides center trailer on docks, minimizing product and door damage.
“Ski-Slope”- the hinging action of a typical truck leveler pivots the front of the ramp and raises the rear causing a negative angle in relation to the dock. The Z-Deck Truck Levelers by Leum Engineering, Inc. is the only loading dock truck leveler on the market that can solve this very basic, yet dangerous condition. The mid-level profile on the loading dock leveler slopes back toward the dock when stored creating a much safer condition. Due to the shock loads caused by forklift operations, a vehicle restraint is always safe practice.
The Z-profile also increases the lift of axles that are further away from the dock face with a shorter lifting platform.
Unique “high-lift” hinges at the front of the deck arc towards the dock creating a net vertical lift, minimizing the push away from the dock and again making the dock interface safer.
The integral wheel guides center the trailer to optimize the door openings and minimize product damage. Using the lifting function to position the trailer bed above dock levels gives the operator full width access to the load and minimize product damage and increase productivity.
Please Note: Unless specifically noted on quotation, all electrical including hook-up is the responsibility of others. Patent pending
- Nominal Dimensions
- The Z-Deck platform is 11’ wide x 18’ long
- The unit is constructed out of structural carbon steel consisting of 1/4” thick deckplate and structural HSS tube sides. The center tire surface is level from side to side to minimize interference with air ride brake canisters. The cylinders are nominally 16” stroke with a travel at the rear of the platform of 24”.
- Power Requirements
- 480v/3ph power with a 5 HP 3phase hydraulic power unit.
- Service Range
- 2” to 15” lift
- AASHTO HS20-44 plus forklift for 60,000 lbs
- Dual 4” x 16” stroke cylinders with spherical bushings top and bottom to ensure long cylinder seal life.
- Loading Dock Bumpers
- Two 10” wide x 36” high steel faced dock bumpers are required (provided by others)
- Safety Features
- TZ-Deck Profile
- Hydraulic Velocity Fuses
- Side toe guards
- Wall mounted restraint recommended